Saturday, June 14, 2008

Mystery Solved...

Here's one for the medical books...

Many of you know that Cole has had a rash on his leg for a little over a month now. And it's really been worrying me. We went to the Dr last week and was told it was ezcema. I immediately came home and hit google. Nothing I found looked anything like what Cole had. I was very worried he had developed an allergy to something...maybe milk or eggs or something like that. So after a week of "treating" the rash, we went back to our regular Dr (last week he was on vacation) to get another opinion. After a few minutes Dr Stephens said, "It looks like unilateral laterothoracic exauthem (say that 3 times fast)." I know, I know, it sounds awful. But it's not. It's just a rash leftover from a previous virus and it will go away on it's own it about 4-6 weeks. No treatment needed. I haven't looked it up on google yet, but I'm interesed to see if I can find anything. I feel much better now knowing it's nothing to worry about.

Mandi, try to stump your professor's with that one...

1 comment:

AvErY GrAcE said...

Wow! I have definitely never heard that as a dianosis before. I just finished reading about it though. Very interesting! Maybe I will get asked about that in Dallas next month while I am on my dermatology rotation...if they even know what it is! Glad it is self-limiting and nothing to worry about though.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity