Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day


To those who are serving, or have served, our country and sacrificing for our freedom...
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

A couple of years ago at the 1st OU home football game of the season, I got really teary eyed when they played the National Anthem. I had heard the National Anthem thousands of times before, so why was that one so different. Well, it was the 1st time I heard it after someone I knew personally went overseas to fight for our country. My brother's best friend, Stephen Brosh (or Dimples as I like to call him), left for Iraq a short time before, and it was the 1st time that song really hit home for me. Now, Julie's brother's, Mike and Jeff, are both serving. Both my Grandpa's, my Great Uncle and, I'm sure, many more have served this country. The times have changed, but I'm sure the reason's they fought are still the same. We all need to take this day to THANK them and all the others who are fighting for our freedoms.

Please click here to send a Thank You postcard to a soldier overseas for free.
"We will always remember.
We will always be proud.
We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
Ronald Reagan on the 40th anniversary of D-Day

No comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity